Engaging One-to-Ones - Half Day
Date/time/location to suit you
One of the vital skills necessary for a people manager is to have confidence in conducting one to one discussions. One to one’s are critical in helping to ensure employees are engaged and getting what they need from their role and the business, as well as giving what is needed - but so often the opportunity is missed. This is a practical, hands on session to make one to ones with colleagues more engaging, productive, motivating and effective. The course will give managers some new ideas, tools, techniques and tips to “freshen up” one to ones with colleagues and take away some techniques for increasing engagement, through motivating agendas and engaging conversations.
What will delegates learn?
- Identifying why some people are engaged and some are not as engaged as you’d like them to be
- How to make one to ones motivating
- Ideas to understand how your people are experiencing one to ones at the moment and get their input to making them more effective
- Active listening and effective questioning
- What are the standards and what’s expected in terms of preparation, participation and engagement in one to ones
- Engaging agendas
- Action planning, transferring ideas into results and further development
This course is ideal for
Any people manager or supervisor responsible for planning and discussing the development of team members.